VMWare Zimba web client log in
Ysgol Glan-y-Mor

Ysgol Bryngwyn School

Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School Life at Ysgol Bryngwyn School

News

Visit to National Museum of Wales, St Fagan

The Religious Studies Department organised a visit to the National Museum of Wales, St Fagan on 14th June 2013.  On arrival we visited Capel Penrhiw, which was moved from its original location in Drefach Felindre to the Museum in 1956. The pupils were very inquisitive and asked many searching questions. During the time we spent there, we were joined by some other visitors who thanked Miss Loader for the very interesting and informative discussion!

Following the visit to Capel Penrhiw, a typical Non-Conformist chapel, we walked past the old village school, several farmhouses, the Rhydycar terraced cottages and stopped at the Gwalia Stores.

We then visited St Teilo’s Church which was recently taken down, brick by brick, and moved to the Museum from nearby Pontarddulais. On our way to St Fagan, we had seen the original boundary wall and graveyard from the bus.  But now, we were able to step inside Eglwys St Teilo and see with our own eyes the restored murals and the beautiful rood screen.

Some pupils then went on a carriage ride to the castle, whilst others visited the Rhydycar Cottages and other buildings. Many thanks to all the staff – Mrs Donna Jones, Mrs Ali Brown and Mr Howard Waters – who supported us during our visit and for ensuring that an enjoyable time was had by all.

Diolch yn fawr iawn ichi!