Year 10 Reward Trip - 15th February 2017
Year 9 Initial GCSE Options Sheet - NOW AVAILABLE - Please return by Tuesday 31st January.
Crucial Crew PSE Activities Day - Year 7
'Greatest Thanks' from the Salvation Army - ?4500+ donation from Bryngwyn School.
Brilliant Bryngwyn School branded 'best teaching' by Wales' chief inspector.
Results Day 2016
An Olympic Year for Bryngwyn School – Best ever exam results.
Bryngwyn School mirrors Team GB by delivering the best results ever; maintaining the exceptional standards with an outstanding set of exam results. In this, the second year of the federation, both Bryngwyn and Glan Y Môr Schools continue to break records and set the bar even higher.
Since the impressive ESTYN report, back in March 2012; which stated “the quality of teaching in consistently high and has a considerable impact on developing pupils’ skills and raising standards”; Bryngwyn has continued to grow and improve.
“Alongside these results, what characterised our outgoing Year 11 was their contribution to all aspects of school life, the huge support for the wider school community and the life-long friendships that they have established. They are young people of whom we are incredibly proud”
Dave Williams, Deputy Head teacher
This year, in particular, the students at Bryngwyn have really shown the effects of our teaching standards. 20% of our learners achieved at least 5 or more A*/A grades and our top ten pupils achieved a spectacular 112 grades at A* or A between them.
Special mention goes to the following students, who stand proudly at the top of the podium:
- Olivia Williams 9 A*, 4A, 5 KS & WBQ
- Emily Reilly 9.5A*, 2,A5 KS & WBQ
- Nadia Sadler 9.5 A*, 1A, 5 KS & WBQ
- Nathan Bowen 8A*, 4A, 5 KS & WBQ
- Megan Lewis 7.5A*, 5A, 5 KS & WBQ
- Daniel Baker 7A*, 2.5A, 5 KS & WBQ
- Ethan Peters 7A*, 2.5A, 5 KS & WBQ
- Bradley Price 6.5 A*, 5A, 5 KS & WBQ
- Adam Evans 6.5A*,4A, 5 KS & WBQ
- Abeera Sohail 6 A*,6 A, 5 KS & WBQ
- Peter Watts 6A*,5.5A, 5 KS & WBQ
“I would like to praise the amazing efforts of all pupils and parents in giving their wholehearted support to both schools during a very busy year. Staff have certainly gone the extra mile again to give our pupils every opportunity to fulfil and in many cases exceed their potential.”
Paul Jones, the Headteacher
The statistics just how hard our students have worked this year, achieving incredible results across the board:
- An amazing 189 pupils (95% of the year group) achieved the Full Welsh Baccalaureate Diploma; 79% at the Intermediate Level.
- 98% of pupils achieved A*- C o equivalent in Science.100% of pupils studying Separate Sciences achieved A*- C grades with over 70% achieving A*or A grades.
- 74 % of pupils achieve A*- C at Maths GCSE!
- 73 % of pupils achieve A*- C at English GCSE!
- 21 subjects achieved 100% pass rate reflecting an ESTYN inspection that stated: “the school provides a wide range of learning experiences that effectively meet the needs of pupils across the ability range.”
- 100% of pupils who sat GCSE Statistics a year early achieved an A* - C grades with 63% achieving A* or A grades.
- Welsh, identified as an excellent feature of the school by Estyn, recorded that 80% of all year 11 pupils achieved A*to C grades, with 39% obtaining an A* or A grade!
- 21 out of 28 pupils in Year 9 achieved A* and A grades in Welsh Second Language GCSE 2 years early. All 26 pupils achieved a GCSE an A*-C grade! In addition, 15 of our year 11 pupils sat their AS Level Welsh this year achieving 100% pass rate with 80% achieving A*-C grades!! Ardderchog!
- No pupils left without a recognised qualification for the 8th year in succession!
Below is a full gallery of images taken on the day by Keith Owens from Always & Forever Photography and Video…
The staff, here at Bryngwyn, are once again incredibly proud of the fantastic achievements of our pupils and would like to wish them every success whatever their plans for the future in education, employment or training.
” I am extremely proud of today’s excellent results which are a product of the hard work and effort of all the teaching staff, support staff and pupils and the continuous improvement and progress that is being made across the federation. As a governing body we will continue to support and challenge the Staff across the federation to ensure that both Bryngwyn and Glan y Môr schools remain amongst the top performing schools in Wales. These results clearly reflect the high standards of teaching and learning that exist across both schools and we really look forward to the coming academic year.”
Steve Mears, Chair of Governors
Both our Head Boy & Girl also had a very successful results day;
“I can’t explain my feelings at the moment. I’m over the moon. All I know is that I couldn’t have got to this stage without the help of every single member of staff at Bryngwyn School.”
Ethan Peters, Head Boy, who achieved 7A* and 2 A grades
“To say I’m proud is an understatement! I’m proud of what I have achieved but also proud of all my fellow pupils who are receiving their results this morning. I couldn’t have achieved as much as I have if it wasn’t for the support of everyone at Bryngwyn School.”
Maddie Ellery , Head Girl who achieved 3.5A* 4A and 3 B grades
Once again, we’d like to congratulate each and every one of our students on their success this year, and look forward to another prosperous academic year.